We highlight their contributions to pushing the needle forward and for encouraging imagination to flourish. Not only that, but these artists have also developed a space that includes everyone. Even if you may not be familiar with their names, we can guarantee, you’ve definitely encountered their art.
From minimalists to the grunge-lovers, from those who live surrounded by color to those who see the remarkable power of negative space, they inspire budding and professional creatives the world over to continue to think outside the box.
The history of art is being written every day.
We’re excited to see what creative breakthroughs and movements will arise next!
The Most Googled Graphic Design Names
- Milton Glaser – Creator of the famous “I <3 NY” design
- Chip Kidd – Best known for his stunning book jackets. His most famous one? The Jurassic Park book cover.
- Rob Janoff – Designer behind the famous Apple logo back in 1977. The apple with a bite (byte) taken out of it is recognized worldwide.
- Michael Bierut – Partner at the illustrious graphic design company, Pentagram.
- Carolyn Davidson – Creator of the Nike logo when she was still a university student.
- Lindon Leader – A visionary in the use of negative space. His most famous design? The FedEx logo with the hidden white arrow.
- Aries Moross – Their style is best described as a love letter to the rainbow.
- David Carson – Master of grunge aesthetic.
- Shigeo Fukuda – Designed ‘sarcastic anti-war and environmental advocacy’ posters.
- April Greiman – One of the first to use the computer in creating her designs.